Forum Discussion

Wangzixuan_3147
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 08, 2019

Stable system version recommendation

Hello everyone: Our bank customer just bought two i2600s. What stable system version is recommended?

12 Replies

• I would say it depends on what features you need for the deployment. But in general I'd say that version 13.1.1.4 is a stable version to upgrade to.

It's a Long-Term Stability Release with the latest Maintenance Release. So it contains many of the newer and expected features with only bug fixes applied.

I personally believe that it's still a bit early to upgrade to 14.x because I have seen some weird problems in a customer's lab environment who jumped to 14.1.0.2.

But I guess I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to upgrading to newer versions. :P

I hope this helps!

• You can use 13.1.0.8 and 13.1.1.4 is good choice as well. Hope this helps...

• I recommend to never install a version before X.1.1 and always install the last release point (wait a couple of days to make sure there is not a huge bug included in the new build)

• We face quite severe Problems with Version 14.1.0.2 which are related to the /config File handling. Also Upgrade from 14.1.0.2 to 14.1.0.6 does not work in our case.

It's to early to jump to v14.

Bob_Rairigh

Can you detail a little more on the /config handling? I am planning to go to 14.1.0.6 from 13.1.1.4.

ecce
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

I'm on 14.1 on every customer I have, so far no issues. One customer required 14.x (SSLO), otherwise we went with 14.1 anyway since it has been around for a while now. And it has a usable dashboard. :)

Watch out for licenses differences in subscriptions and other add-ons.

Prajith

hello Ecce, which subversion you are into. I am planning to upgrade to 14.1.0.6.

ecce

I'm running 14.1.0.5 on 4 installations and 14.1.0.6 on one. All are bigip i5000 or i7000.

ecce

SSL FWD ​is being fased out, being replaced with SSLO, which is licensed per box and not as subscription. If you have a FWD license you can convert it. So SSL VISIBILITY , as far as I know, should use SSLO and URLDB license. For 13.x, using SSL intercept iApp, you normalt go with SWG, which included SSL FWD.

I​ have not dived in to AWAF yet, but some functions there were available i FRS and maybe other modules as well earlier.

Thats what I have encountered so far, I would Contact an F5 SE and ask them for each case if there are something I should know regarding licenses before major version upgrading.

​​