Forum Discussion

4 Replies

• I've never tested the match across persistence behavior with different persitence profiles so I did a quick test of this in my lab environment with the simple setup shown below:

VS-A

10.10.17.11:80

cookie-hash persist, match across services

PoolA: node1:80, node2:80, node3:80, node4:80

VS-B

10.10.17.11:90

src-addr persist, match across services

PoolA: node1:80, node2:80, node3:80, node4:80

The results are that persistence is not maintained for a client switching services when the VS are using different persistence profile types. This is as I suspected since one VS is trying to find a cookie hash in the persistence records and the other is trying to find a src addr.

If both VS are using the cookie hash profile or both are using the src addr profile then persistence is maintained across services.

• Hi,

The Match Across option specifies that, regardless of the type of persistence you are implementing, you can specify the criteria that the BIG-IP system uses to send all requests from a client to the same pool member.

With Cookie Hash (and Source address affinity) will work.

Cookie Persistence records are not stored on the by the BIG-IP. So with Cookie Persistence will not work.

• I do not believe that will work. I think the virtual servers in question must have the same persistence profile assigned to them. It cannot two different profiles or two different profile types (cookie vs. src addr) however I am not 100% certain of this.