Forum Discussion

JG
Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus
Nov 24, 2016

Iapp f5.citrix_vdi.v2.4.0: No Support for SNAT Pool Anymore.

From the readme doc:

"Removed the ability to create a SNAT Pool. SNAT Pools are not currently supported".

I wonder what's the rationale behind this decision, for we have a deployment that works with a SNAT pool.

As we have a plan to extend the service to a user base of +50k, the question is: Will a single SNAT address be able to cope? The DG does not offer any alternatives.

2 Replies

JG
    Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

I opened a case with TAC and the answer I received is:

First, to answer why, the removal of the snatpool feature is due to an internal bug. There are different bugs, and this one is to track a change in behavior, where "APM assumes snat automap and does not use snat pool...So the recommendation would be to add additional Floating self IPs to the vlan to support your larger group of users."

Lucas_Thompson_
    Historic F5 Account

Thanks for the question. The team who writes the APM-related iApps keeps in close communication with the customer support team. Please log a support ticket so that they can offer or consider alternatives and prioritize re-adding this SNAT pool feature.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here, but these VDI end-user apps change very rapidly and for multiple platforms (mac, windows, ios, android, chromeos, etc) so the iApp team must keep close with updates and sometimes problems are found.