Forum Discussion

kridsana_52318
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 27, 2015

How to force persist record to standby unit (mirror persist) ?

Hi

I have using F5 LTM pair 10.0.1 and have source address persistence with mirror persist.

Unit 1 is active unit , Unit 2 is standby unit

One day , I have to reboot both unit So I reboot Standby unit first . and will failover from unit 1 to unit 2

I notice that after reboot , Persist record of unit 2 is gone.

And If I failover, Many application will fail for sure.

So Normally I have to wait for persist record gradually increase. (I think F5 create mirror persist to standby unit when new connection and new persist record on Active unit is created)

How to force persist record to standby unit ? So I doesn't need to wait for a long time after reboot unit to mirror persist record.

Thank you

4 Replies

• I think F5 create mirror persist to standby unit when new connection and new persist record on Active unit is created How to bypass this algorithm by forcefully transfer (mirror) persist record from Active to standby unit?
  • you can configure/enable the persistence mirroring and its scope in the persistence profile.

• I've config mirror persistence already but it take time to mirror persists record to standby unit.

So I ask if we have command or method to force all persist record from active to standby in one go. Not just wait for persist record to gradually mirror normally like this.

• i am not sure about 10.x but in 11.x, there is a bug that persistence record is not re-mirrored when standby unit comes back. it is fixed in 11.5.0.

ID430008 - persist entries fail to remirror to standby after standby returns.