Forum Discussion

Bob_10976
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 09, 2009

Help with Super HTTP Monitor

Hello all,

I'm not even close to being any type of programmer and I apologize in advance for any stupid newbie questions.

I'm wanting to monitor several sites, SharePoint sites, that require authentication via NTLM. Searching through the forum I found a couple of prospects, one was the Super HTTP Monitor, so far this seems like the route I'd like to take.

When I went to the url - http://devcentral.f5.com/wiki/default.aspx/AdvDesignConfig/SuperHTTPMonitor.html and was reading through the instructions I'm completely lost. I understand, at least I think I do, need to make some changes to the script to fit my needs, for example I need to add the address I want it to monitor, I need to add the username/password it needs to use to authenticate with, I need to set the authentication to NTLM.

However I can't see exactly where I change that at in the script, I see the "Variables" sections that shows me my options and explains what can be changed, but those are commented out so I know I can't change them there, but I'm not sure exactly where to change them in the code below or how to assign this to different pools either.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Bob

1 Reply

• Hi Bob,

I'm pretty sure you should configure the variables in the GUI's monitor section under "Variables".

Aaron