Forum Discussion

SSHSSH_97332
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 03, 2011

HA Questions

Question1:

We have 2 options for HA setup , Hardware failover and Network failover , let's assume that we want to use hardware failover only ( I know that by that we will not have failover if interface is down ) , now the problem is when we synchronize configuration we are required to enter “mirroring IP “ , which ip to use if we are using Hardware failover only ( ie : 2 units sense each other only through serial port ) ?

Question2:

let’s assume that I have now HA setup , one unit is active & the other is passive . I want to create new Vlan , so i will configure self-ip for active unit & self-ip for unit2 & floating ip . The question is : when trying to configure a Self -IP I found a check box specifying if it is self or floating but the problem is that when I choose floating I’m asked to choose unit 1 or 2 , when I choose self I’m asked for nothing . I was expecting it to be the opposite which is >>>>>> when trying to configure a Self -IP I find a check box specifying if it is sellf or floating , when I choose Self-IP I’m asked to choose unit 1 or 2 , when I choose Floating I’m asked for nothing .

• Hamish answered here:

http://devcentral.f5.com/Community/GroupDetails/tabid/1082223/asg/52/aft/2158921/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx

Aaron