Forum Discussion

MarkM_63051
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 29, 2011

delete_pool not working

Hello,

I am attempting to create and delete a pool programatically. I had no problem with the create method but the delete_pool method does not seem to do anything. I can check the F5 GUI and the pool is still there. Is there some other method I should be using?

Regards,

Mark

12 Replies

• Getting an LTM up and running programmatically without understand the nomenclature of the system is a daunting task. If you head over to university.f5.com, there are some free web-based training modules that should get you started with understanding how all the configuration objects (pool/virtuals/profiles) work together. Also, if you check out some of the application deployment guides on www.f5.com, (outlook web access: http://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/owa-big-ip-v10-dg.pdf). Finally, in version 11 there are iApps that will allow you to ask some questions about the application and then auto-configure everything for you. Then, you can see all the objects the iApp created for you. Sorry your initial exposure has not been positive.
  • The problem has been finding documentation at the correct level. There is oodles of documentation, but almost all of it assumes you've been working with F5s for that past 10 years and only need to know the name of an option or where to find it. Thank you for your suggestions. I will follow up on them.

Mark