Forum Discussion

jkrumenacher_13
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 08, 2014

copy interface_failsafe to usr/bin/monitors but can't select it

from the external programs list. I did chmod 700 and verified with SCP properties. I also changed it to match the samples in that directory (I believe they were set to 755) Thoughts?

Thanks

jkrum

• You'll have to first import it. Navigate to System -> File Management -> External Monitor Program File List, then click Import. Select the local file from your PC and it'll create appropriately.

• External monitors should be stored here:

/config/filestore/files_d/Common_d/external_monitor_d

• Cory, I copied that monitor over to the above stated directory, but I am unable to select it from 'New Monitor' External Program drop down.

/S1-green-P:Active:In Sync] external_monitor_d ls -l total 32 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Dec 19 17:19 :Common:arg_example_1 -> /config/monitors/arg_example

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Dec 19 17:19 :Common:arg_example_14194_1 -> /config/monitors/arg_example

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Dec 19 17:30 :Common:arg_example_14199_1 -> /config/monitors/arg_example

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Dec 19 17:19 :Common:sample_monitor_1 -> /config/monitors/sample_monitor

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Dec 19 17:19 :Common:sample_monitor_14196_1 -> /config/monitors/sample_monitor

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Dec 19 17:30 :Common:sample_monitor_14201_1 -> /config/monitors/sample_monitor

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 625 Apr 8 12:43 Interface_Failsafe.eav

• You'll have to first import it. Navigate to System -> File Management -> External Monitor Program File List, then click Import. Select the local file from your PC and it'll create appropriately.