Forum Discussion

Aug 31, 2022
Solved

Migration from i series 10200 with 1 child VCMP to r series 10900 series

Looking for a case study for Migration from i series 10200 with 1 child VCMP to r series 10900 series

There is no document or data available for configuration conversion except one video on youtube about journey tool, if it is an official migration tool why there is no article or documentation available on f5 site, only a small article on github

Can someone please help 

• Hi F5_Design_Engineer I suspect you're referring to this video:

While your specific models are not called out, the process shouldn't be far from what is covered in the video and Github docs.

Is there any specific that you've run into?

7 Replies

• I have successfuly completed the Migration from i series 10200 with 1 child VCMP to r series 10900 series, if anyone needs help, please reach out ot me or write to me.

i will be glad to assist.

• Hi F5_Design_Engineer I suspect you're referring to this video:

While your specific models are not called out, the process shouldn't be far from what is covered in the video and Github docs.

Is there any specific that you've run into?

• yes we use Journeys, for UCS file conversion , but unluckily it can only be used for converting Child/Guest UCS files

Parent/Host/Hypervisor, we have to do the configuration conversion manually which was not very easy.

There is no design document with example available on F5 site which is not good to help/support such a massive platform with entrirely new OS F%OS for host with completely different command syntax.

i am little disappointed as after uloading the QKVIEW, it shows very limited commands output in iHEALTH

Same thing we feel there is no dedicated section in iHealth for DNS/GTM/ASM/APM, it only has a vast command section only for LTM, dont know wht such bias.

Sorry for my negative words, but i hope in future these things can be added .

buulam
      Icon for Admin rankAdmin

Thanks for the feedback F5_Design_Engineer. I will ask about the host conversions, albeit you have already gone through it.

For iHealth, I would encourage you to fill out the feedback form available within iHealth with any specifics. They do evaluate all feedback left for them.

• Hi F5_Design_Engineer - I've asked one of my colleagues to jump in since you haven't gotten a community response yet, but they may not see my request until after the weekend.