Forum Discussion

F5Team
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Mar 09, 2023
Solved

ICSA, ISO/IEC 15408 and GB/T 18336.1-2015 compliance

Is the BIG-IP 2000 running on v14.1.4.4 compliant with ICSA, ISO/IEC 15408 and GB/T 18336.1-2015 security standards ? Is there a reference document or kb which confirm this ?
    Mar 14, 2023

The short answer is yes, BIG-IP 14.1.4.4 does comply with ICSA and Common Criteria (ISO/IEC 15480) standards, but that combination of device model and BIG-IP version has not been officially certified. 

The longer answer ....

BIG-IP 14.1.2 and 14.1.4.2 have both been certified on a number of F5 devices, on VE, and on vCMP against the Common Criteria Network Device collaborative Protection Profile and the Stateful Traffic Filter Firewall Protection Profile Module. See https://www.f5.com/company/certifications for details and links to the certificates, and for other certified releases.  While the i2000 is not part of the certification, the version of BIG-IP that runs on the i2000 is the same as that which runs on the other iSeries devices.

ISO/IEC 15408 is essentially the ISO description of Common Criteria, and as such, we meet the compliance requirements of the NDcPP and Firewall PPM. GB/T is the Chinese version of Common Criteria, and I can't say that we meet every standard as described in that document, since we have not certified against it.

F5 has previously been certified by the ICSA Labs for VPN and Firewall. Unfortunately, the ICSA Labs closed near the end of 2022, so we can no longer point to those certifications.

For additional information, please contact your account representative.

Thanks!

Maryrita Steinhour, Certifications Architect