Forum Discussion

Aidan_Clarke_21
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 12, 2007

Firepass 6.0.2 Intel Mac Support for Network Access

So I am having Firepass 6.0.2 Intel Mac OSX network access problems.

We upgraded to firepass 6.0.2 and here I am looking to get logged in now with network access from my intel mac... Firepass login is fine, but when I click on the network access link, this is what I get:

The page “Network Access” has content of MIME type “application/x-f5-sslvpn”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

If I click OK on the error message, and WAIT... LEAVE the window labelled "Loading Network Access" and it will eventually (took 2 minutes for me) prompt you to download and install the SSL vpn driver...

I have tried the automatic install, and the manual.. Neither of them work. I reload the browser, but the above error message stil pops up. Can anyone confirm a working test for Firepass 6.0.2 for network access on an Intel Mac?

4 Replies

• Do you have Safari running in Rosetta mode?

If no, navigate to the Applications folder, right click (or get info on) Safari. There's a checkbox that says "Open Using Rosetta" check the box, restart safari and it should work....

As far as I've tested, it won't work on Leopard...but it should be just fine on Tiger...having used it myself in that configuration for several months, I can vouch for it.

Will
  • https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/6000/400/sol6468.html

...is the officially documented solution.

Will
  • Actually, The title of this message is 6.0.2 Intel Mac Support, so the solution article you referenced is not exactly true for the latest release. There is a link to the release notes below and I can confirm that you no longer need to run Safari in Rosetta (PPC) emulation mode for the client to work.

https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/firepass/releasenotes/product/relnotes6_0_2.htmlnew_fix

If you are having problems I recommend you open a support ticket. I have tested on several Mac machines and it is working fine for me.

HTH

Fuzz
  • I do apologize. I didn't read carefully enough...though the title has little to do with Rosetta vs. Intel-native.