There are many important aspects, features and technologies to be aware of when you are deploying an IMS or LTE network. Here is a handy check list for key requirements to look for before you begin your “shopping” for Diameter signaling management solutions referred here as a DSC.
1. An intelligent signaling management solution that routes, manages, load balances and protects signaling from overloads in 4G LTE, IMS and 3G Networks by including a DRA, DEA, IWF (InterWorking Function, Gateway) and load balancer that operates between DRA/DEA instances for maximum scale and complete reliability.
2. A DSC that supports all Diameter interfaces (to date 52) and seamless support for new ones.
3. A DSC that supports the full range of message-oriented protocols for routing and transformation (e.g. SS7, RADIUS, HTTP/SOAP, LDAP, GTP’, JMS).
4. The greater number of IOT with other vendors and the widest range of interworking functions (Diameter — Diameter and Diameter — legacy protocols).
5. The highest performance and value/cost ratio.
6. Get maximum routing flexibility that can be based on any field (AVP) and scalability to grow your network seamlessly.
7. Comprehensive network protection with enhanced congestion, flow control and signaling prioritization mechanisms.
8. Full visibility at the message level into your control plane for network analytics, an integrated management system that prevents traffic congestion and offers you network KPIs, and a full Diameter testing suite for operational continuity.
9. Context-aware intelligent routing that works seamlessly with subscriber management elements for dynamic subscriber data that can be deployed in an Active/Active mode.
10. Any Diameter solution you select should be backed by a financially strong company that offers expertise in carrier deployments delivery and ongoing support both globally and locally, and deep experience in both network and IP to ensure smooth integration between IT and core networks.
****And most importantly, make sure all you can check on all the above features in the field or lab, and not just on paper.