Step 2: Configure F5 BIG-IP APM as SAML SP for the Application
Refer to the step by step instructions and screenshots below to configure F5 BIG-IP APM as SAML SA for a new application called app.f5sec.net.
2.1 Import Certificate for the Application
Import the certificate for app.f5sec.net. This certificate will be later referenced when configuring the application.
• Log in to the F5 BIG-IP System.
• On the F5 Configuration Utility (Web UI) Main menu, navigate to System > Certificate Management > Traffic Certificate Management > SSL Certificate List.
• On the Traffic Certificate Management page, click the Import button on the right-hand corner.
• On the SSL Certificate/Key Source page, select Key from the Import Type drop-down box.
• Specify a KeyName and browse to the folder that contains the Key. After selecting the key file, click Import.
• Back in the Traffic Certificate Management page, click on the imported Key name.
• In the General Properties page, click on the Import button.
• Browse to the folder that contains the Certificate. After selecting the certificate file, click Import.
Figure 9: Importing application certificate and key
2.2 Using Guided Configuration
The F5 BIG-IP APM Guided Configuration presents a completely new and streamlined user experience. This workflow-based architecture provides intuitive configuration steps tailored for a selected use case.
The steps below will walk through the Guided Configuration to build the application and configure F5 BIG-IP APM as SAML SP.
• On the F5 Web UI Main menu, navigate to Access > Guided Configuration.
• Click on the Federation tile. From the expanded option, click on the SAML Service Provider tile.