F5 Intelligent DNS Services Demo 3: System-wide security defenses

Continuing the series of five short videos showcasing the power of F5’s intelligent DNS services.

In this meaty third demonstration video, F5's Matt Taylor demonstrates how the F5 Intelligent DNS Services provide the defense for both DNS requests and responseses. He shows how the iApp can be configured to examine different attributes of a request or flood of requests, including:

• Source IP address compliance
  • Contextually disallowed request filtering
  • RFC compliance confirmation
  • Anomalous traffic volumes (network DDoS)
  • Anomalous request volume handling (DNS DDoS)
  • Suspicious request handling

Matt shows how to use the iApp's secdtion on 'DNS System Wide Security' to configure the defenses for each.

iApp: Intelligent DNS Services Demonstration

Complete Series:

Intelligent DNS Services: Overview
Demo 1: Server Load Balancing, Visibility & Control
Demo 2: Offloading Resolver Functions
Demo 3: Systemwide Security Defenses
Demo 4: Source Address IP Security
Published Jan 05, 2015
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

1 Comment

• Great post....I really liked it & i appreciate such knowlegable blogging to share with the world.....I would also like to share a blog you will love to read.... Welcome to the land of Royal Vision Buildcon Pvt. Ltd. It's a successful business opportunity conceptualized by the GURU's of Real Estate as a team under the name of Royal Vision Buildcon Pvt. Ltd. a 100% debt free company registered with the registrar of companies, Government of Rajasthan under the companies act 1956. Royal Vision Buildcon Pvt. Ltd. act as a strong partner in progress for achieving everything you have ever dreamed about. A Land space, A Dream Home, Good education for your children and substantial Bank-Balance to live life with pride in the society.