Problem this snippet solves:
This codeshare has been deprecated. Moved to https://devcentral.f5.com/s/articles/WebUI-Tweaks
How to use this snippet:
Tested this on version:
Caching data group list contents when doing the popup instead of fetching them every time.
Removing old code.
Script is freakn' awesome! Works like a charm...Can't believe you got no feedback on the post. Spared me the grueling monotonous work of manual data group entry. Thank you, sir!
Thanks for the feedback. I find that in general people don't bother to do what you just did (just saying thanks). So thank you too, for the kind words! 🙂
Hi Very nice script. Indeed it's very helpful. Could you please add search field for partitions list. When you have a lot of partitions searching is terrible, with additional field it will be very helpfull.
Is anybody try this scripts on F5 ver. 13.1
I try use this but I don't see effects.
Thanks for informations.
I'd expect this is for v12.x only as v13 introduced a lot of new features and changes.
It would be great to see a v13 compatible version though! 🙂
I chose to only support v12 simply because I didn't have any v13 in use when I wrote it. However, most functions should work. It's not harder than changing a row actually. I'll add a "beta" if any of you wants to try?
Oh, and if you guys like the script, feel free to rate it. 🙂
I'd be game to try a v13 beta and feed back any issues etc - thank you for your time and efforts!
Thanks Dan, much appreciated! I'm adding a feature that Tom requested now. Will update with that feature and a v13 beta tomorrow.
Thanks to Tom for suggesting it.
I think most of the features should work on v13 too but I have had no time to test them. If you're willing to help here I'd be very grateful. To activate, scroll down to the bottom of the setting section and change allow13 = false; to allow13 = true;.
The previous implementation was a completely separate edition of the script. Which meant that if you wanted to enable it you'd have to switch the code and when you finally had enough snow you'd have to switch again. Annoying.
Instead, now a form would show up automatically in December where you can choose to activate or deactivate the Christmas theme.
Don't you worry, you can totally supress the theme by changing var allowChristmas = true; to var allowChristmas = false;. Can't promise Santa will bring you any presents if you do though.
A bit of an easter egg. If you set var alwaysChristmas = true; in the settings section you can enjoy the theme all year long. 🙂
Last week I tested script in F5 version 13. I didn't see any issues. Work perffectly.
I thank you very much especially for partition search.
No problem, thanks for reporting in regarding the v13 things too. How about you Dan? Any news?
Unfortunately I'm currently having a little fight with our company security guys over being able to install tampermonkey! Should hopefully be resolved soon!
The joys of working in a corporate environment... :o/
I can understand where they're coming from. But it's not like the code is obfuscated or automatically updated. However, Tampermonkey might be. Go sway them with some whiskey or, if that won't work perhaps a neck rub. Perhaps that'll scare them away. 🙂
I've got a possible bug to report. I observed this in the previous version as well as after upgrading to 2.0.7. With the script simply enabled in my browser (Firefox), the WebUI will eventually crash and restart. Because of this I only run the script on the Standby node then sync the changes to the Active node to prevent any potential outages in prod.
This seems like a bad one. Never seen it myself and we are a whole bunch of people using the script at my previous work place.
I wonder, is your configuration very large, or the specs very low? Are you often using the Read Only partition?
The only part of the script that I can think of of the top of my head that could affect the UI is the pool status. Let me create a custom version for you removing the heavy parts.
If it makes you feel better until then I can also tell you that it's safe to restart the webui process as it's separates from tmm.
Get back to you.
I'm not sure what constitutes large in the industry but my config contains north of 7000 objects. Specs seem to be fine as I haven't experienced any other performance issues.
Let's say a pool has 2 members, that would count as 3 items. A pool with 4 members counts as 5.
In that case, roughly how many do you have?
I've got 2000 pools with 1500 nodes.
Wow, at least to me that's a big config.
Have you divided it into multiple partitions? If so, do you have any partitions that is super large?
I updated with a version that removes the pool status improvements from the pool list. Could you please see if that helped?
I've got everything in the common partition.
Sure, how do I get a hold of the revised code?
Sorry about that, I forgot to click on the submit button. The code is there now. 🙂
Thanks! No more crashing when viewing pools. When viewing an iRule and clicking on the data group under "Detected Data group lists", it just "loads" forever. It's no big deal but just an FYI.
Ran some quick tests on v14 and it works there too. 🙂
Take that back. Pool status is not working for v14. 🙂
Nice Job Patrik!!!
The datagroup editing is very nice. "Replace current list" takes a very long time to complete with large datagroups (4000 lines).
Note: the updated beta has my performance improvements greatly reducing the "Replace current list" processing time. 🙂
I added BIG-IP v15.x support. Also v20 supports ":=" occurring inside the value side of a datagroup.