Early Release: VMware View and Horizon View iApp

Problem this snippet solves:

f5.vmware_view.v1.5.0rc1

You can use this official F5 contributed iApp to configure availability, encryption, and remote access for VMware View 5.0 and 5.1, and Horizon View 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, 6.1, 6.1.1, 6.2, 6.2.2, and 7.0. It is in the RELEASE_CANDIDATE directory of the iApp package available on downloads.f5.com. There is a new deployment guide for this version: http://f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/vmware-horizon-view-dg.pdf

This version contains the following features:

• Added support for Horizon View 6.2.2 and 7.0
  • Added support for BIG-IP v12.1
  • Added a USB redirection configuration option to the iApp template

f5.vmware_view.v1.4.0rc3

You can use this F5 contributed Release Candidate iApp template to configure availability, encryption, and remote access for VMware View 5.0 and 5.1, and Horizon View 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, 6.1, 6.1.1, and 6.2. This template will configure the BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) module as well as Access Policy Manager (APM) for environments using Security Servers in conjunction with Connection Servers or Connection Servers only.

Version 1.4.0rc3 contains the following fixes over the released release candidate iApp version 1.4.0rc1

• The deployment guide for iApp f5.vmware_view.v1.4.0rc3 is available on f5.com
  • Resolved issue noted when advanced monitor password field contained curly braces.

For assistance with the iApp template, download the Deployment Guide.

Code :

https://downloads.f5.com/esd/product.jsp?sw=BIG-IP&pro=iApp_Templates
Published Mar 10, 2015
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

6 Comments

• Hi Joe, Horizon 7 has been announced, with Extreme Blast protocol. Any idea when that will be supported by F5 (will require a new APM version to be supported I presume)? Thank you. Alex
  • Sorry for the delayed response, the new iApp has been posted to downloads.f5.com. It includes Horizon 7.0 support.
  • Hi Joe, The USB redirection option only add "VMware View Policy" object to VPE or also changing something else - I am asking as we have Policy created manually and this doesn't seems to work after adding only this object with "USB redirection" option enabled - I have been informed that iApp contain bug and misplaced "VMware View policy" object - but even if I put if before "View Client Resource Assign" doesn't seems to work anyway - any other options I can check ? Regards, Marcin
  • any new iApp RC for vmware view? Haven't found any new (1.5.1+) release candidate here or in the last iApp package. Regards, Alex