RDP Webtop deployment

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a webtop with an RDP resource assigned and I have two questions:

  1. For the RDP resource destination, is it advisable to use as destination a virtual server (RDP 3389) with a pool of multiple rdp session hosts - hosted on the same f5?
  2. Following the guide (Configuring Remote Desktop Access), I see that an RDG policy assignment is used. Is this really necessary?
    I have deployed without it and it works without an issue. What are the advantages? Because in my experience the Client Type is never Microsoft RDP Client ( I tested and it always matches the fallback)

Thanks,

Hello,

FYI , please find the answer about queries

  1. Yes, this is not only advisable, it’s a best practice
  2. No, it’s not mandatory — but it’s useful in specific scenarios.(i think you can safely skip it if: Access is always via Webtop)

FYI -

attaching some doc - Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway Services BIG-IP v11.4 - v13 | F5

Deploying the BIG-IP LTM with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (2012 and 2008 R2)

BR
Aswin

Hey, thanks!