HI I have a VIP on port 3389, load balancing to two rdp servers. RDP directly to that VIP IP works well.
Now I created this as an rdp in apm, I used the dns name that the vip is resolving to as the destination address for the rdp, the apm url has a trusted cert.
It gets as far as logging on then it throws the error: The connection has been terminated because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote computer
Seems like the client connects to apm and gets the apm cert - trusted
then they click the rdp icon and get the rdp file downloaded, the file has the gateway address of apm with trusted cert, and then the dns name of the rdp vip but then they get the servers real cert which doesn’t match the vip dns name and errors.
Can I proxy this connection on the F5? I have tried a combination of client and server profiles and the only way I get as far as a login prompt is to have no client or server profile in the vip.
I would like the F5 to present its own apm cert to the client , I don’t have the ability to put new SAN certs on the servers (not sure that would solve it anyway)