Hi All, I have an LDAP VIP configured with a pool, having two members and applied priority group activation so that all the traffic will go to only one server and if that server is not available then only traffic will go to another servers But it seems traffic in going to both the servers and which is causing the problem.
When I remove one of the server from poll, everything works fine.
From application prospective all traffic should go to one server and other servers should work as secondary.
Am I missing any configuration? Load balancing mechanism is round-robin.
Thanks,
Hi @ndubey2 ,
can you share your config, so that we can help you?
What you write seems to be correct.
KR
Daniel
Hello @ndubey2
You should have set Priority Group Activation to Less Than 1
Put you primary server to Priority Group 10 and secondary to Priority Group 5
lastly set a valid health monitor
If you have done all these and still not working, I agree with @Daniel_Wolf , sharing your pool config would help
Thanks for the response @Injeyan_Kostas @Daniel_Wolf !
Below is the config of Pool
This looks correct. What is your test scenario?
Maybe it’s an issue that the F5 keeps on sending data over existing sessions. Check K15095: Overview of the Action On Service Down feature
application team sending data to this VIP and when we have only one server as pool member everything works fine and all packets are processed successful, the moment I add the secondary server some of the packets get failed. As per application team it is failing because persistency is breaking.
can you reset statistics in pool and confirm if only one server receives traffic?
or run a tcpdump and see where traffic goes and why things break
Thanks Everyone for the response. It working fine now. I had removed entire Pool configurations and reconfigured it and its started working now. I can see traffic is going to only one member only.
Hi, could you please explain what the issue was? Because from what I can see, your configuration is correct. Is it because you are using persistence on your virtual server?