I have a F5 and I would like to know how to show the number of connections i have on my pool/node in PRTG. My colleague successfully extracted OID and I could had a sensor throught “SNMP library” called “pool member stats tot conns” that , I guess, show me the total connections on a pool (or node?). After I have this result and I dont understand a single thing of what it shows me :
I would like to monitor specific pool and/or node. I found this sensor that is supposed to tell me how many connection i can find on my pool but i dont understand what he shows me.
Well, i think the fields you marked are meaned as follows:
The view is for a time range of 60 seconds (upper right)
You have a “Canal” called “ltm pool member…” which you hopefully configured in you monitoring system with the specific oid of the system you want to monitor.
The volume is 26 connections (in 60 Seconds) and 26 con’s/per minute means 0,43 con’s per second. (0,43c/s * 60/s = 25,8 = 26)
So if I understand it correctly it only shows me the connection i have each minute. Is there a way to show the connection I have right now, not per minute?
Yes i’m french and yes “Données en temps réel” mean realtime datas but I have like it says the data at a given time but not the current connection.
So I tried the 2 OID you gave me, the first one doesnt work (no such instance) and the second one seems to work but it gives me on the entire F5. I just wanted for a particular pool or node but thanks anyway :), gonna dig more to find what i want.
If you want to monitor a specific node and don`t have the oid yet there´s a bit more work to do. I will write it as easy as possible.
Step 1: search the “global” MIB OID for the Node ServerCurrConns attribute which is .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.4.2.3.1.9.
Step 2: write down the Partition Name which is used on your F5, for example the default ist “Common” so write down /Common/ (don’t forget the slash in front and at the end)
Step 3: get the exact server name, for example “production_Server_1”
Step 4: combine it → /Common/production_Server_1
Step 5: count the letters and write it down: 27
Step 6: go to the text to decimal converter of your choice or do it by hand ( Wikipedia ASCII Table) and convert the whole string into decimal with a . (dot) as separator.
our example /Common/production_Server_1 in decimal = 47.67.111.109.109.111.110.47.112.114.111.100.117.99.116.105.111.110.95.83.101.114.118.101.114.95.49
so our string looks like this: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.4.2.3.1.9.27.47.67.111.109.109.111.110.47.112.114.111.100.117.99.116.105.111.110.95.83.101.114.118.101.114.95.49 Step 8: check the oid with an snmpget or snmpwalk .. if it doesn’t work check for clerical mistakes (case sensitive!)