Hey Everyone,
Is there F5 Virtual Wire(vWire) variable support for vCMP or rSeries tenant?
I am asking this about vCMP iSeries or rSeries 5800 as the vWire is created on the host and allocated to the tenant but for example in Virtual-wire Configuration and Troubleshooting | DevCentral there are system db variables and how are those supported in this case ? Do you configure this from the vCMP quest or Tenant or from the vCMP host or rSeries appliance ?
Hi @Nikoolayy1 ,
did you ever figure this out?
Cheers
Daniel
No but I may have access in the future to 2 test devices to see if the variables cause issues when sending traffic to them. You have similar question/use case @Daniel_Wolf ?
I have a customer with vWire config on bare-metal iSeries. And I am still wondering how to migrate this config to rSeries, where BIG-IP is running in a containerized tenant.
How to get L2 into a container? Black magic 
Just assign it like a vlan to the tenant after you have created it under F5OS software. There is a tab under the tenant for vWire but how well it will work or will it support the db vars I mentioned I don’t know.
This is documented under the Networking Settings conf guide:
Hey @Daniel_Wolf when you get to this project please share how it worked as I have seen rSeries vWire only in lab environment. As I have mentioned in Virtual-wire Configuration and Troubleshooting | DevCentral in the comments “vlangroup.forwarding.override” variable needed to be stopped, so my layer 3 VS could capture the traffic and for me to apply the custom AFM DOS profiles.
Interesting by the way that even Velos supports vWire as VIPRION never did only iSeries as maybe the new FPGA makes this possible.