Hi All,
I wanted to know about the prerequisites and the proper steps to do the restoration test from an F5 r2600 Device to an F5 Bigip VM.
So I have tried it and it comes with multiple errors
2026 Mar 17 18:10:15 Hostname.COM logger[3452]: Re-starting named
Reloading License and configuration - this may take a few minutes…
Broadcast message from systemd-journald@Hostname.COM (Tue 2026-03-17 18:10:21 IST):
load_config_files[4013]: "/usr/bin/tmsh -n -g -a load sys config partitions all " - failed. -- 010713d0:3: Symmetric Unit Key decrypt failure - decrypt failure
Unexpected Error: Loading configuration process failed.
2026 Mar 17 18:10:21 Hostname.COM load_config_files[4013]: "/usr/bin/tmsh -n -g -a load sys config partitions all " - failed. -- 010713d0:3: Symmetric Unit Key decrypt failure - decrypt failure
Broadcast message from systemd-journald@Hostname.COM (Tue 2026-03-17 18:10:21 IST):
load_config_files[4542]: "/usr/bin/tmsh -n -g -a load sys config partitions all base " - failed. -- 010713d0:3: Symmetric Unit Key decrypt failure - decrypt failure
Unexpected Error: Loading configuration process failed.
2026 Mar 17 18:10:21 Hostname.COM load_config_files[4542]: "/usr/bin/tmsh -n -g -a load sys config partitions all base " - failed. -- 010713d0:3: Symmetric Unit Key decrypt failure - decrypt failure
Configuration loading error: base-config-load-failed
For additional details, please see messages in /var/log/ltm
Is it all coming due to a mismatch of the Master Key or something?
Both devices are in the same version, and I also verified the resource provisioning.
I wanted to know the reason for this and also the proper steps to test restoration from F5 hardware to VM.
SME’s Kindly help me on this..