Big IP LTM 11.6 caching support

Dear All,

I am wondering what kind to caching functionality LTM provides without additional licenses like WA.

Within the virtual server configuration I can select a certain Web Acceleration Profile like optimized-caching. Is this function supported within the LTM?

What kind of caching functionality does the LTM provide?

Best regards,

Marvin

The LTM module does provide caching features for virtual servers. Here’s a good link to some specifics.

Jason

Thanks for your reply, can you tell me what are the differences when having the WA license provisioned and when not?

I can’t tell you what it is like without it. Our systems always had it available. Individual virtual servers would benefit more or less depending on the traffic. Some things it helped immensely, others were not noticeable.

Jason

With AAM, you have the option of using a caching system that has a disc backing store.