Community Highlights, Week 41, '22
More of a midweek update this week, but a quick FYI to let you know that going forward I'm adding a section at the bottom to recognize some of our more active members over the past week. I'm always looking for ways to recognize and reward the healthy behaviors that make our community such a helpful place, so if you've got other ideas please let me know in the comments.
Since there's a lot of Cybersecurity Awareness Month content this month and we don't want it to get lost, here's a quick list of the past week's security content before I call out individual user posts below:
Dharminder wrote about the previous week's events in Binance Hack, Data Leak and Supply Chain Attack - F5 SIRT This Week in Security - Oct 1st to Oct 7th
MichaelatF5 gave us a two-parter:
- How to Split DNS with Managed Namespace on F5 Distributed Cloud (XC) Part 1 – DNS over HTTPS
- How to Split DNS with Managed Namespace on F5 Distributed Cloud (XC) Part 2 – TCP & UDP
There were two additions to the ongoing SSL Orchestrator Advanced Use Cases article series:
- Kevin_Stewart wrote about Integrating F5 Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- KevinGallaugher wrote about One-Armed Mode
AubreyKingF5 was able to work with F5's Lakhwinder Singh to create the video walkthrough Learn How to Apply F5 Distributed Cloud WAAP with GKE via a Public GCP IP Address.
Dave_Potter wrote about how to Use F5 Distributed Cloud to control Primary and Secondary DNS
DevCentral's Rebecca_Moloney, who is responsible for our content, wanted to created a series to give insight to what some of our too-often unsung extended teammates do with her Helpers Behind the Scenes article series written by regular and guest authors
- ed_patron shared his story in Security Operations Center - Helpers Behind the Scenes
- mpb wrote about how she ended up working in F5 Threat Intelligence - Helpers Behind the Scenes
- m_heath wrote about his journey to and in F5 Labs - Helpers Behind the Scenes
- Lior_Rotkovitch wrote A Day in the Life of a Security Engineer from Tel Aviv
We've got more Scary Hack Stories! over on the DevCentral YouTube channel
- Beware What You Download
- Protect Your Management Interface!
- Avoid API Assault !
- Monitor the Ghosts in Your Graveyard!
Forum post highlights:
Deena, new to F5 and DevCentral, wants to be proactive about learning about F5 Lingo, and Mohamed_Salah_ and boneyard dropped some knowledge and advice. I'll include LiefZimmerman 's great list of learning resources on Deena's other post here, because it may come in handy to whoever reads this week's Highlights. Welcome to the community, Deena!
SanjayP wants to know about All attack signatures vs server/application specific ASM attack signatures
Notable users (excluding F5 employees):
Most kudoed authors:
Gave the most kudos:
Top kudoed post:
Tip of the week:
Remember to mark Accepted Solutions if someone helps solve your issue - not just so they get kudos, but so that future users can easily find the same answer you needed!