Monitor SNMP OID result check
Problem this snippet solves:
The purpose of this monitor is to check for the value of an SNMP OID and mark the server up if it equals the result variable which is customizable.
- Copy the monitor text below to a new file called snmp-check and move that file to the /usr/bin/monitors folder in BIG-IP.
- Make it executable by typing “chmod 755 snmp-check”
- Create a new monitor of type External. Set the Interval and Timeouts desired.
- Define the location of the file.
- Add 3 variables, one with Name “OID” (case-sensitive) which contains the OID you wish to poll. Add the next with Name “community” which contains the community string. The last with the Name “result” which contains the value you are looking for.
- In the Configuration Drop-down box, select Advanced and then under the Alias Service Port, select SNMP or type in the customer SNMP port number.
# (file not fixed yet)
Published Mar 12, 2015Version 1.0