Forum Discussion

ziakhan50
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 14, 2024

Single node serving more traffic than other nodes in the pool.

Hi Team - I have a question on the below setup, i am a starter in F5 and recently came across in F5 that one node in the pool is serving more traffic than others.  

- load balancing method is - Round robin

• no Persistance configured.

I am not sure what is making one node to send and receive more traffic than other nodes. 

Can someone let me know the reason for this behavior.. Thanks in advance. 

• can you confirm how you "measure" the traffic here ?

is it number of connections (TCP) number of requests per second ? are you using HTTP 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 ?

are you servers using the same stack ?

Some TCP behaviours on your servers can cause one to close connections faster as an example.

Do you have OneConnect activated on serverside ?

sorry for not really answering your question but there are so many parameters to take in account before answering, i prefer having more details before providing some valid points to help you identify the reason of this traffic difference.

• Can you try withe least connect(member) or please provide other details as mentioned above reply. sometime round robin had issues and i tried least connc(member) and its resolved

ziakhan50
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

I tried disabling the node and enabling it back.  Still same issue, I tried least connection mode too, same.  

• As there is no persistency, I hope there is no persistency entries saved.. please check and confirm if.. if then aswell your load balancing not working expected, I suggested to raise a support ticket including traffic captures and qkview(also I hope you only having basic profiles in vip(http, standard profiles)