Forum Discussion

Jun 20, 2016
Solved

Security menu item missing

Hi all, so I'm missing the "Security" menu item on my F5 Big-IP running version 12.0.0 Build 0.0.606 Final. It is an option that's licensed, I will list my "Active" Modules or upload a screenshot here.

How do I get the Security configuration item to show?

Thanks

• Hi,

the security menu is displayed when AFM, PFS or ASM are provisioned.

8 Replies

• Hi,

the security menu is displayed when AFM, PFS or ASM are provisioned.

Sarah_258804
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Hey Yann, I just realized this shortly after I submitted this question. So my next question is, if I have two Big-IPs in an Active-Standby HA pair and I provisioned resources on one of them, only one F5 should reboot, correct? Or is that configuration change going to propagate to my second F5 and reboot that one as well?
      Yann_Desmarest_
      Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous
      Only the F5 that you changed the provisioning. As it restart all services, it may affect the HA.
      Sarah_258804
      I just performed the provisioning. I was able to do one F5 at a time and only lost a tiny bit of traffic to my virtual servers while the F5s failed over (about 7 pings). The only weird thing that I saw with HA afterwards was that I had to perform the steps in the guide below to re-sync the "datasync-global-dg". Everything else went smoothly. Thank you for your help! https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/16000/500/sol16509.html
      Sarah_258804
      Hey Yann, I just realized this shortly after I submitted this question. So my next question is, if I have two Big-IPs in an Active-Standby HA pair and I provisioned resources on one of them, only one F5 should reboot, correct? Or is that configuration change going to propagate to my second F5 and reboot that one as well?
      Yann_Desmarest
      Only the F5 that you changed the provisioning. As it restart all services, it may affect the HA.
      Sarah_258804
      I just performed the provisioning. I was able to do one F5 at a time and only lost a tiny bit of traffic to my virtual servers while the F5s failed over (about 7 pings). The only weird thing that I saw with HA afterwards was that I had to perform the steps in the guide below to re-sync the "datasync-global-dg". Everything else went smoothly. Thank you for your help! https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/16000/500/sol16509.html