Forum Discussion

Oct 03, 2024

Replace B2150 with B2250 when service is expired?

Hello everyone, 

I have chassis where the last activation date was in June 2017 and service til October 2018. I wanted to change out the blades with B2250 but since I saw "F5 platform: A113" under the base license, I assume this means the two B2250 blades I just purchased would not work in the chassis? :/ 

Is there a check against the license and the blade type, if so I guess its all just e-waste now?... I am a student so even if F5 would be willing to sell a license for such old unit, I would probably not have the funds for tens of thousands. Could probably do a thousand max, hence my concern... 

• Hello, 

Thank you for your question. I understand you are asking about the license compatibility and if you contact support directly we can review the license details and see if it is eligible for the software compatible with the B2250 blade. However, without active support I would suggest contacting sales directly as they will have more insight into chassis, blade, and license compatibility. They will be best fit to review your current license with possible license renewal or the possibility of a lab license that may best fit the budget you have available. 

If any of this information helps please let us know, or if you have any follow up questions. 

Thank you, 

Melissa 

• Hi thaulow ,

First and foremost, welcome to the DevCentral Community! It's great that you found us and wants answers to your question. I would like to understand further of the question and I have a few questions to ask. To get things on the way,

1. What is the serial number of the device that you are having?
    2. When did you purchase the blades?
    3. Which account did you use to purchase the blades? 
    4. Can you provide a screenshot the "Active Modules" part of your License please?

You can respond to me here or you can reach out to me through private message to take this further. 

Looking forward to your response!

Cheers!