Forum Discussion

Prakin
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
May 10, 2024

Maximum throughput of f5 ltm

Hi,

is there way we can check the maximum throughput of the model via cli for hardware appliance and virtual editon as well?

7 Replies

• I looked up some of the it depends on what model and what setup   you have.  Did you have any in mind ?  

Prakin

actually i am looking for diff models that we have like 12800, i4800, 15800. is there anyway can we fetch the info from the CLI for the maximum throughput.

• No there is no "limitation" by design. Its limited by the interfaces and hardware caps. Look up datasheet of your model.

i-models are old! r-models are new! 

• Hi Prakin,

You can try using tmsh to view throughput statistics

Impact of procedure: Performing the following procedure should not have a negative impact on your system.

tmsh

To view the current total throughput represented in bits and packets, enter the following command:

show sys performance throughput

You can add the historical option to also view 3 hour, 24 hour, 7 day, and 30 day historical increments by entering the following command:

show sys performance throughput historical

To view the current total TMM throughput statistics represented in bits and packets, enter the following command:

show sys performance throughput detail 

You can add the historical option to also view 3 hour, 24 hour, 7 day, and 30 day historical increments by entering the following command:

show sys performance throughput detail historical

Displays detailed throughput performance information in gigabits per second.

show throughput gig detail

HTH

🙏

Prakin

Thanks for the detailed info, i am also looking for the maximum throughput supported by the hardware platform by design.

Prakin

Thanks, how about for the hardware platform?