Forum Discussion

Dec 18, 2013

HTTP::uri always includes trailing slash ?

BIG-IP 11.4.0 Build 2384.0 Final

I am finding for requests with a single segment path such as :

http://www.mysite.com/myresource

HTTP:uri always appends a trailing slash :

HTTP:uri = "/myresource/"

Is this expected behavior ? Why does BIG-IP do this ?

NOTE: At the very beginning of my iRule , I write HTTP::uri to the local log , and the trailing slash is already present -- so it is not my iRule that is adding it.

7 Replies

• are you sure, it is add by the bigip? I think, it is add by the webserver

• How could the trailing slash be added by the web-server when the request hasn't arrived at the web-server yet ? BIG-IP processes the request within an iRule whose logic ultimately forwards the request to a pool of web-servers.
  • are you sure, it is add by the bigip? I think, it is add by the webserver

• How could the trailing slash be added by the web-server when the request hasn't arrived at the web-server yet ? BIG-IP processes the request within an iRule whose logic ultimately forwards the request to a pool of web-servers.
  • ah ok, this is no normal behavior. But 11.4.0 has some really strange 'features' ;-)

so, if you can see the original uri at the beginning of the irule and the modified uri at the end of the irule in the log, are you doing some irule stuff between?

If not, you should open a case at the support.

giltjr
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Actually that is normal. It is added by the browser, not by the F5. Just do a tcpdump on the F5 or run it on the client if you wish. If doing this from the client Wireshark makes the capture easy.