Forum Discussion

Jinshu
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Nov 13, 2015

GTM - Topology Based Loadbalancing - Need Help

Hello Friends,

I am configuring topology based loadbalaning between two DCs. I have created two pools as DC1 and DC2. Also Created wide-ip and configured both the pools in Topology based load balancing in the wide-ip level. I have created topology records as 10.0.0.0/8 needs to go to DC1 and 20.0.0.0/8 should go to DC2. But unfortunately it is not working properly.

Later i have created a single pool and added both DC1 and DC2 wips in this pool. i have configured topology loadbalancing in the pool level with the same same topology records as above. It started working.

But i am bit confused now. Which method i should follow. Can anyone help me on this please.

-Jinshu

2 Replies

• Jinshu,

GTM load balancing is two tiered. First the wide-ip, then second the virtual server. Usually the top tier represents resources on a region basis and then the second for resources within in that region. If you just have the two DC's then you only need one pool in the Wide IP configuration.

Ensure your servers associated with each Data Centre. Then in your topology records you really just need to say source 10/8 goes to data centre Data Centre 1 (not a pool name but a Data Centre). Source 20/8 need to goto Data Centre 2. Then just add your virtuals from different DC's into that single pool.

The GTM will then deliver the traffic based on the source to each DC.