Forum Discussion

richard_polyak
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Jun 23, 2023
Solved

BIG-IQ Applicaiton Service emails looking to modify email content to include a link

Good afternoon -

Is there a way to modify the email content below? I would like to add a link to a wiki page so users know why they are recieving this alert and what actions might be required? I would like to add a link globally to the emails?

Thx

Rich

Alert: The application service gns-2085285_eng-corpor.apionair.tfayd.com_80 health status is moderate due to:
virtual-server-status crossed the warning threshold.

Alert details
---------------
Alert Rule Name: gns-2085285_eng-corpor.apionair.tfayd.com_80-health
Type: application-health
Severity: Warning
Module: health-calculator
Start time: 2023-06-22T05:07:52.295Z
Category: system
Sub-category: system-health
Reported object: gns-2085285_eng-corpor.apionair.tfayd.com_80
Reported object type: Application Service
Alert context: health

• I would do the "heavy lifting" with a logging tool like LogRhythm or Splunk. Send all logs via Syslog and setup rules.

3 Replies

• richard_polyak I'm pretty sure email alerts are very much click and it sends out on those specific alerts without much modification to the message. You might consider SNMP monitoring and then when a specific alert occurs use that SNMP monitoring system to send an email based on specific matching criteria which should allow you to modify the message being sent.

• I would do the "heavy lifting" with a logging tool like LogRhythm or Splunk. Send all logs via Syslog and setup rules.

• Yes we log to splunk so I know we can do that, let me explore this option if I can automate the alert to an email for the applicaiton owners.

Thx