Forum Discussion

Brandon
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Jun 28, 2023

ASM Policy

Uri    /abt/color/blue/*

So the  /abt/color/blue/  will always be the same.             

When I do the wild card, will it match something below.  I have a back slash and additional wildcards.

For example:  add /abt/color/blue/*/* 

I would like for the wildcard example /abt/color/blue/*  and it would match below.  

example:    /abt/color/blue/nevertheasme/neverthesamesdsdsds               

3 Replies

• Hi Brandon, I think this regex will work for what you're trying to do:

/abt/color/blue(/|$)(.*)

This should match /abt/color/blue and /abt/color/blue/ and /abt/color/blue/and/red/and/whatever but not /abt/color/blueandredandwatever.

gersbah
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Wait, since when does ASM support regex for URLs? Last I checked it was limited to a basic wildcard syntax.

JRahm
        Icon for Admin rankAdmin

Good call gersbah, in looking into the ASM-specific support for URL, regex is indeed not supported.

Brandon I removed my answer as a solution. That said, you might investigate using an iRule (shown below) or a local traffic policy to do the same...you could inspect the URL in the HTTP_REQUEST event and check your URL with regex, or simplify to just test your URL string with something like:

if { ( [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] eq "/abt/color/blue" ) || 
             ( [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] starts_with "/abt/color/blue/" ) } {
                # do allowed stuff here...
        else { # take corrective action here, like raise an ASM violation }

Note that if you have other approved URLs with starting patterns, you'd need to handle that logic as well, this is specific to this use case.