Forum Discussion

Bryan-00
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Nov 05, 2022

Delete Node via BIGIQ REST API

After sending a DELETE request to a specific Node resource, I can successfully deploy the change by a POST to deploy-configuration using below body.

Looking at the contents of the body, I can say that what ever changes where done on BIGIQ for those specific BIGIP's, aside from the Node deletion, will all be deployed. Is my understanding correct?

If that is the case, is there something I can put on "objectsToDeployReferences" that will only limit the deployment on the node deletion?

{
    "skipVerifyConfig":false,
    "skipDistribution":false,
    "name":"test_remove_pool_member",
    "deviceReferences":[
        {
        },
        {
        }
    ],
    "objectsToDeployReferences":[],
    "deploySpecifiedObjectsOnly":false
}

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

• Bryan-00 - thanks for the question. I see it has not been addressed/resolved yet?
    If you still don't have any traction on it I'll see if I can find someone to help.

• hi Bryan-00, I haven't used BIG-IQ in this way, but in looking at the documentation, it does appear that you can do a partial deployment by setting deploySpecifiedObjectsOnly to true and then populate objectsToDeployReferences with the objects you want to change. From that doc page:

objectsToDeployReferences array false  The list of objects to deploy for a partial deployment. If non-null and non-empty, this is a partial deployment. Otherwise it’s a full deployment. The downstream dependencies of these objects are deployed by default. Setting deploySpecifiedObjectsOnly to true restricts deployment to objects listed in objectsToDeployReferences only, which can cause the deployment to fail if there are missing dependencies.