Q/A with Admiral Group's Jinshu Peethambaran - DevCentral's Featured Member for March

Jinshu Peethambaran is a security architect currently working with Admiral Insurance. He started his career 9 years ago, managing network security operations and started working on F5 products about 5 years ago.

He is also a 2017 DevCentral MVP and DevCentral’s Featured Member for March! DevCentral got a chance to talk with Jinshu about his work, life and his dream of being 100 million miles in space.

DevCentral: Hi Jinshu, thanks for you time. You’ve been a very active contributor to the DevCentral community. What keeps you involved?

Jinshu: DevCentral has helped me greatly over the years as I’ve worked with F5 products, so I feel like it’s worth spending some of my time both reading posts and helping others in the community. Searching DevCentral, I found another approaches to solving issues, helping me to solve challenges. Just checking the most recent questions is a great way to learn things.

DC: Tell us a little about your areas of BIG-IP expertise.

JP: At earliest stage in my career, I was involved on basic BIG-IP LTM projects. After some successful experiences, I started working on another level and learn different BIG-IP modules.

Now, I think I’m pretty comfortable with all F5 BIG-IP modules but I’m clearly specialized in security. Now I’m pretty confident on BIG-IP LTM, DNS (formerly GTM), ASM, APM and AFM modules. I have implemented multiple solutions using these combinations for different customers, all these years.

DC: Describe one of your biggest BIG-IP challenges and how DevCentral helped in that situation.

JP: iRules are great tool to solve unique BIG-IP challenges, but iRules are nothing without the developer’s community. DevCentral experts share experience not only about tcl coding but protocol knowledge, iRule events orders, and working iRules. And on the other side, some IT admins ask about new needs that I may answer for the next customer.

Security is a vast area and we get new requirements and challenges every time. Each time I get a new challenge, I first search on DevCentral to see if someone already solved it. If not, I’ll create my own iRule.

DC: Can you tell us a little about your blog, Secure Leaves and why it is important to Know your network before a hacker does?

JP: Since I started working on security domain, I through to give a helping hand for others as well. So I started this blog explaining small technical challenges and solutions for that. This blog focus on security products and hence the title “Know your network before a hacker does”.

DC: Lastly, if you weren’t an IT admin – what would be your dream job? Or better, when you were a kid – what did you want to be when you grew up?

JP: I’d probably be an Astronaut or a professional space traveler searching for external life and doing experiments in Mars. J When I was a kid I always dreamt about being an Astronaut, staring at the stars.

Thanks Jinshu! Check out all of Jinshu’s DevCentral contributions, check out his blog, or connect on LinkedIn. And visit Admiral Group plc on the web and LinkedIn

Related:

Updated Feb 02, 2022
Version 2.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment