Mobile World Congress 2014, Day 1 – NFV is Real

#MWC14. It is a new year and a Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain is upon us again. At F5, we are back with a bigger presence and a cooler story. Our booth is located in Hall 5, 5G11, if you want to drop by and see our very cool looking design.

As you may or may not know, we issued a press release in advance of the show touting our well received Synthesis architectural vision and how it relates to the service provider environment. This message is an essential unifying picture that explains how F5’s technology and breadth of solutions all come together with a single vision of how we apply the core tenets of the Synthesis model – high performance services fabric, intelligent services orchestration, and simplified business models – to enable service providers to optimize, secure and monetize their core infrastructure. In layman’s terms, we want the service providers to create networks that are easier to build and manage in a secure fashion, with the ability to rapidly deploy services such as video optimization, parental controls, and premium services to deliver value and enhanced quality of experience (QoE) to their customers, resulting in happy customers and improved revenue models.

So far, the hot topic of the show is network functions virtualization (NFV). While I have talked a lot about NFV in this blog, and how F5 envisions how it will get deployed and become successful, there are still a lot of questions revolving around what NFV means to the service providers. They are looking for ways to start implementing NFV solutions to begin gaining the benefits that it claims to deliver. I recommend that you come by our booth for a customized discussion to see what NFV requires and how you can take advantage of this new technology architecture.

Of course, if you are going to drop by, you may want to consider visiting our cocktail Happy Hour from 5pm-6pm Tuesday and Wednesday for some refreshing beverages and casual conversation at the end of the day. I look forward to seeing all of my readers while we are all here in Barcelona!

Published Feb 24, 2014
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment