Introductions

Welcome to my little corner of DevCentral.

First introductions, my name is Karen Jester and I have been with F5 for just over ten years. Previously I was responsible for network infrastructure, security and call centers for one of the largest drugstore chains in the US. I was a BIG-IP customer, so impressed with the solution and by the F5 engineers I worked with, that I applied and applied until they finally hired me. I never thought I would ever stay this long, but I haven’t regretted that decision a single day.

Now, I manage the Product Management Engineering team for F5. We are nearly thirty strong and are represented in each major theatre. Many of the engineers on the team have years of IT administration, consulting or support experience and all are network and F5 product experts. So, pretty much a group of smart folks with strange hobbies, even stranger senses of humor and an unhealthy love of bacon and donuts. But don’t feel bad if you have no idea what a PME group does. It’s a unique set of responsibilities for a single group and in some cases unique to a Product Management organization.

If you stay tuned, you will learn more about who we are, what we do, get the scoop of some really cool technologies and maybe even a recipe or two.

Ok, that is enough for this side of the introductions. Care to introduce yourselves?

Published Sep 19, 2011
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment