Leslie_Hubertus
Ret. Employee
Jun 03, 2022
Investigating

Feature Request: Big IP Client Disconnect and Retry Login, Instead of Showing Timeout Error Msg

From john-nelson's post, copied here for better visibility:

"When using the BIG-IP Edge client, it frequently (most every day) shows the error "ERR clog1049 - Your MFA login page has timed out. Please disconnect and then try again".
Someone told me that this error message is coming from some security module, that this is not in the BIG-IP client, itself.  If the BIG-IP client has a way to recognize this type of error (i.e. any error that basically says "you need to disconnect and retry"), that would make it a bit easier to implement.

I would like to request a feature to handle this scenario.  I'm not sure of the exact way to implement it.  But here is one idea.
When the user is actively logging in, and the BIG-IP client encounters any error, it would apply a list of "rules" (maybe it looks at errors and matches each 'rule' using a Regular Expression in the rule).  Those rules could be entered by the user, or by the VPN admin team.

So a "rule" could be entered that says, when the user is actively logging in, and the BIG-IP client sees this specific error message, then the "rule" tells the client to disconnect, wait N seconds (e.g. 3 seconds), then retry the login.
Naturally, this could support other actions, as well.

Thank you."

2 Comments

• LiefZimmerman yes, thank you for reminding me to update this!

FYI john-nelson - I forwarded this to a few sr. directors in product development and the the product manager for BIG-IP Edge Client, and was waiting to reply until I'd gotten more of a response beyond, "we will review this request." Apologies for not keeping up updated/in the loop! I'll follow up when I have more information.