Jeff_Giroux_F5
Ret. Employee
Feb 09, 2022
Declined

add custom labels

I receive an error when trying to add my own labels separated by comma. Please support custom labels or consider adding other common label names like cloud providers: aws, azure, gcp, and so on.

error

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The following labels are not available here: aws, nginx

4 Comments

Comments have been turned off for this idea
  • Status changed:
    New
    to
    New

Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Currently we use Tags to accomplish what you are requesting and...I see...that you cannot add tags when you are creating the article upfront. I will look into how I make that happen.

For now, after your content is published you can add tags by going to the bottom of the article and clicking Add Tags.

On edit - you will see a box next to your content (in the editor) where you can also add tags.

Labels Prescriptive meta information - used as a very high-level category e.g., Security, DevOps
    Tags Descriptive, wide-open, folksonomy e.g., Feature, TechnologyFuture, OWASP, (anything you want really...could be adjusted later by admins depending on overlap with existing tags

If this addresses your need - I might change this Suggestion status to Delivered.
    Thoughts?

Lief

• Status changed:
    Investigating
    to
    Declined

Thanks Jeff.

Since the suggestion was specifically about Labels I will complete this one as

"Declined - managed using Tags"

If there are more suggestions around changing the way we utilize Labels or Tags please open a new Suggestion.

Lief