VIP in https that redirect to another vip in https

Hi,

I have a VIP in https with a certificate that have a policy LTM attached.

In the policy, if the path is /prova, i’m trying to redirect to another VIP in https, but this doesn’t work.

Usually I redirect the calls only to VIPs in HTTP.

There’s a solution for use all the VIPS in HTTPS?

Thanks

I don’t see any issue with using traffic policy to redirect to another VIP in https.
should be as followed
Conditions
HTTP URI path starts with ‘/URI’ at request time.

Action
Redirect to location ‘https://example[.]com’ at request time.

Worked perfectly fine when I tested it.
You can also use iRule to redirect the traffic to another VIP.

Hi @DanieleS9

There should be something wrong in your configuration.
What you are trying to achieve is very simple and fully supported.
There is no distinguish between redirecting to HTTP or HTTPs

Hello,

Yes — it is possible to redirect HTTPS VIP → HTTPS VIP on F5. for a example method

Use an HTTP redirect, even though the VIP is HTTPS.

LTM Policy example
Condition

HTTP URI
starts with /prova

Action

Redirect
Type: HTTP Redirect
URL:

Hi,

I found the solution with a redirect to the pool and a special Irule that replace the http request - http:header host and the http:header Location in the response.

Thanks for the support.

I think you are not talking about redirect in the usual HTTP status code 302 redirect, you are talking about using the virtual server to internally send traffic to a different pool and changing the host header.

The other way is to perform a 302 redirect. Here is an iRule which will do that for you:

when HTTP_REQUEST {
  if { [HTTP::path] starts_with '/prova'} {
    HTTP::redirect "https://target.fqdn"
    return
  }
}

You can also do this with an LTM Traffic policy

Hello @DanieleS9

Glad to see you were able to find the solution! Going to mark as solution for other user to reference in case they run into this issue as well.

-Melissa