I am trying to create an http monitor
and Send String is HEAD / HTTP/1.1
I want this string will accept HTTP status codes of 200 and 401. Any error codes (ie: 4xx and 5xx) will cause the receive string not to be matched and the check to fail.
So Receive String is HTTP/1\.[01] [200][401]
But when I tried to do some experimenting I found it odd
EX.
Thanks for your reply
I have some questions to ask you
Why Send String is “HEAD / HTTP/1.0\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n”
not “HEAD / HTTP/1.1\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n”
According to the protocol, HTTP/1.1 requires that the request header should bring a Host Header(some web servers can be compatible with HTTP/1.1 requests without a Host, and some will return a 40X status code), while HTTP/1.0 does not require mandatory carrying of a Host. The web server code should be compatible with HTTP/1.0 requests. The Send String in the built-in http monitor cannot carry a $1 variable instead of node ip when your pool have more than two pool members, You can also use external monitor and curl in the Linux shell to detect
Bigip has a Linux shell template located in System ›› File Management: External Monitor Program File List ›› sample_ Monitor, you can use it after a little modification