HTTP Monitor

Hello,

I want to set up an HTTP monitor that tests “200 OK” but the page is on port 40000 (the pool is on 80).

I tried, but it doesn’t work

Send String : GET /index.html HTTP/1.1\r\nHost:40000 \r\nConnection: Close\r\n\r\n

Receive String : 200 OK

Thank you for your help

You want to use an alias service port monitor. Look at #25 at the following article: https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-iq-centralized-mgmt/manuals/product/big-iq-centralized-management-local-traffic-and-network-implementations-6-0-0/5.html. In the above, you have 40000 as the host name in the host HTTP header which is not appropriate. This is usually a virtual server fqdn or some other web server alias to which the server would listen for and respond.

Damn mobile version of website threw out half of my response! Wtf. I also stated that using 40000 as the host name in thr HTTP host header is not appropriate. This is instead usually the DNS name for the server on which the we server listens for and responds. Traditionally, you would target http://ip_address:port, but with the F5 HTTP monitor you need to use an alias service monitor for your particular application to perform the same thing.

Thank you,
not work, what should I set in “Send String”?

FY, curl backend:40000 >> 200 OK

working

HEAD / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: Close\r\n\r\n

Thank you whisperer