Mass input/create "Data group list" ?

Hello,

Would you please let me know if there is any way to input/create data group in bigup not via the GUI?  I am going to create 300+ data group list

Thanks

You can see an article I made a long ago if it helps:

https://community.f5.com/t5/crowdsrc/automate-data-group-updates-on-many-big-ip-devices-using-big-iq/ta-p/291466

Hello Danielc

You can create external datagroups

Yup as this is one of the things I have shown in the link I provided.

Sorry mate, too many literature for me :sweat_smile:

Hello Dario,

I looked at it, it seems for this approach, i will need to create 300+ files for 300+ data group, am I understand this correctly?

Yep, you have to create a file for each datagroup, that’s the key. But I don’t understand why you need to create 300+ datagroups instead of a few datagroups with many records. Could you clarify what your approach is?

I am doing access control based on different objects, I have 300+ different objects need to check access control of 300+ group of IP address. I am still thinking should I do this via ansible.

Then just check the link I proved as I am using Ansible for this task :wink:

Thanks, I already solved this problem by myself and I have already created 300+ data groups.

I just wonder why nobody let me know I can create data group by tmsh command…

create /ltm data-group internal d1051_ip_dc type ip records add { 172.2.3.1/32 {} 172.2.3.2/32 {} }
 With this command I just able to use excel to lookup the IP address and automatically generate 300+ tmsh commands in one go…then hola…solved.