iRule Editor - System Config Editing

In the latest release of the iRule Editor v 0.10.1, I added several new features.  This tutorial will walk through System Level Configuration editing allowing you to work with your bigip.conf and bigip_base.conf files without having to open a terminal session to the BIG-IP.

Usage:

The video listed under System COnfig Editing is the one for autoconnect. Error? -- Thanks, Tom

Thanks Tom, typo in the post. The video should be correct now.

-Joe

I installed the latest and greatest but the configuration tab does not show up at all. Any hints on what to do?

What version is the about box showing for you? The configuration tree item should show up after you connect. If not, then it could be disabled from a previous build. I’d go in and check the following registry entries

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\F5 Networks\iRuler

ConfigurationEditing=True

Make sure the ConfigurationEditing entry is set to True. If it’s set to False for you let me know. To fix this, shut down the iRule Editor, set the value to True, and then restart.

I thought I only had this feature in a debug build previously. If you have it, I’ll have to make it easier to re-enable.

-Joe

Thanks Joe!

The version is “version 0.10.1.0” and changing the registry fixed it. It was set to “False”.

ftp irule

Hi Guys…Is this f5 Irules Editor still available ? if yes.. where ?