HA Pair from Active/Standby to Active/Active

I had a BIGIP in HA pair and we have decided to move the standby unit to another datacenter. Now, both devices are shown as active devices. There is no firewall in between them. Do you guys have any suggestions of what may be the problem?

What version of code are you running?

What version of code are you running?

Your problem may be on the heartbeat monitoring.

Your BIG-IPs need to send/receive the heartbeat from other units (on port 1026).

Did you check that using tcpdump on both units ?

Your problem may be on the heartbeat monitoring.

Your BIG-IPs need to send/receive the heartbeat from other units (on port 1026).

Did you check that using tcpdump on both units ?

I am using 11.4.1 608 Final

I am using 11.4.1 608 Final

Yes, the problem is that they should be acting as standalone from the moment I separated them into two different datacenters,

Yes, the problem is that they should be acting as standalone from the moment I separated them into two different datacenters,

They can’t work as standalone just separating them into two datacenters.

You have to delete peers into “Device Trust” → “Peer Lists” on each BIG-IP

Create a ‘Sync-Failover’ type ‘Device Group’ and check ‘Network Failover’ option by adding your devices into ‘includes’ then one will be Active and other will be Standby.