F5 insight Software Installation Job possible bug

Hi everyone,

I have noticed something strange regarding the new F5 insight product, we have recently deployed a POC to test software distribution and installation and while the distribution works fine and I can see the files are distributed to the two target BIGIPs (verified on BIGIP with the same filename), when I try to run the upgrade job, it fails at the “Readiness checks” with the following error:

"Software Image PresenceFailed

image Hotfix-BIGIP-17.5.1.8.0.30.19-ENG.iso is not present on the device - distribute the software image to the device before starting the upgrade"

Now when I select an image that isn’t a Hotfix, the readiness check is alright.

Has someone already experienced this issue ?

I am running F5 insight v1.2.1-4 with a trial license and my BIGIPs are trial license VEs running on version 17.5.1.8-0.0.19.

Hello @visclo

Have you submitted a support case to report this issue? If not I would suggest doing so at MyF5 or calling our support team. They will be the best to review if this is known and if it is not they can begin the process of ensuring it is know, if there is a bug.

Thanks for posting to our community.

Melissa

If I remember it correctly, Hotfixes are not yet supported by Insight.

Man, @Juergen_Mang , I came here to say that too. 
The release notes say:

Full upgrades and image-only patches with bundle upload (up to 8 GB), automated preflight checks, pre-upgrade backup, automatic rollback, manual patch rollback within 72 hours, and scheduled upgrades.

Full upgrades are not hotfixes, I guess.

Here, found it: Software installation jobs

  • Hotfix installations — This release does not support hotfix installations. Hotfixes are planned for the next release.

Oh I see thanks a lot, my bad for not noticing that then.

Thank you Daniel !