Hi, I am trying to adjust the SSL profile of a service to get grade A in SSL Labs.
The machine the virtual server runs on is:
---
Sys::Version
Main Package
Product BIG-IP
Version 12.1.5.3
Build 0.16.5
Edition Engineering Hotfix
Date Tue Mar 9 12:02:22 PST 2021
Hotfix List
ID625156-1
---
The problem is that I can’t find the F5 resource where to see the cipher suites supported by this version.
If you look at this url, only 12.1.3 appears:
myF5
- SSL Labs test:
“This server supports weak Diffie-Hellman (DH) key exchange parameters. Grade capped to B.”
Any help will be welcome
Thank you very much, best regards
Hi Martin182,
No new cipher suites have been added for versions 12.1.4 and 12.1.5.
You can view all ciphers with the following command from cli.
tmm --clientciphers all
You can use the “!DHE:!DH” string to remove DHE and DH key exchange parameters from the cipher suite. Or you can use only “ECDHE+AES-GCM” cipher suite.
Hi Enes, first of all thank you for your reply 
You mean to enter as string in the ciphers field only ECDHE+AES-GCM right ?
My current string is:
ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES128-GCM-SHA256
But I don’t know why only 6 of them appear in the SSL Labs test and not all 8.
Hi,
When you enter “ECDHE+AES-GCM”, the following cipher suites match:
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
You cannot view cipher suites containing ECDSA ciphers on ssllabs. Because the signature algorithm of the SSL Certificate is RSA.
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
K10340213: ECDSA ciphers not being shown at SSLabs test
myF5
Okay, thanks again.
I need to think about which configuration to apply, the ECDHE+AES-GCM option leaving only 2 cipher suites might be too restrictive as it is a service accessed by a large number of clients.
Just check your ssl config, there is a cyhper config hidden under a Basic/advanced filter in the profile that might not be fully locked down.
I had something very simular. in v14. and it was more on the ssl config than what was supported.
You mean the cipher rules/groups?, they are not available on this version, I think the first one to implement them is v13.
O, sorry i started my f5 works at late v13 straight into v14 about 2 months later.
So it looks like its a feature that’s appeared in that time!