CACHE_RESPONSE to HTTP_REQUEST

(Edit: the event flow diagram I was looking at was wrong - HTTP_REQUEST does trigger before CACHE_RESPONSE and all this needed was a simple if-then CACHE::disable. If I could figure out how to delete this entirely…)

So this week’s cache headache…

I’m being asked to *selectively* either return a requested URI from the LTM cache, or if a specific request header is present allow that request to pass through to the webserver (because there is processing required at the webserver level).

If I understand the event flow correctly, once a URI has matched and CACHE_RESPONSE has triggered, that request is effectively over - how can I get from there back to HTTP_REQUEST?

F5 Networks iRule Event Order - HTTP - Packet Pushers

Hi  @Hendel ,

glad to know you solved this by yourself. 
Maybe you want to bookmark this: BIGIP_Events_Visio.pdf
It’s a flowchart for the iRule event order.

KR
Daniel