We need to replace our i2800 F5s with some new hardware soon.
What would be the simpliest process to migrate to them?
Also, I believe the TMOS OS will be gone and it will be F5 next, when does this come into force? can you upgrade from TMOS to F5 next? is it much different if I only use the GUI generally, so will the GUI be the same?
Thanks for the info, so when you say upgrade from TMOS to Next, do you mean we can just upgrade our LTMs from there current version to a version running Next like we would a normal upgrade procedure?
Also, I see info on something called F5OS, is this another version of software, or another way of saying F5 BIG-IP Next ?
Only thing I think could need testing is if you have virtual wire on iSeries as I know it is supported on rSeries 5xx and 10xxx but I have not tested it yet with AFM and for r2800 I wonder
So to come back to the above, what would the process look like?
1.Put a management address on the new device
2.Load the ucs file in from one of the current units to the new r series appliance? then switch off say the standby appliance and bring the new one up?