Looking for a TMSH command to check traffic flow

Hi

I have few VS configured with source, destination and port as ANY. Its an early configuration, not sure whats the background. I can see traffic on all VS statistics.

Would like to check, is there any way to find our which traffic is transmitted via which VS?

I know source, destination and port of the traffic and can simulate the traffic to verify. Appreciate if anyone can share with me command or possibilities?

Thank you

Jay

@JayanthLakshmipathy I’m not sure if a command exists that would show this because the typical connection table outputs source IP, source port, destination IP, destination port, and destination pool member. I think the only option to look at connections in a reactive way would be to perform a tcpdump with the following flags that would insert F5 information about where the traffic is going.

tcpdump -nni 0.0:nnp host <client_IP> -w /shared/tmp/my_cap.pcap

Hello,

You can filter by the client side IP if need to check which virtual server is selected.

Command:

#show sys connection cs-client-addr 192.168.8.1

Output:
Sys::Connections

client IP                virtual server IP   source from F5 (self IP)      backend server
192.168.8.1:54105 192.168.8.100:80     192.168.7.111:26379          192.168.7.100:80 tcp 4 (tmm: 1)

There are also multiple options in show sys connection that you can check and verify with.

command output explanation:

command options:

Thanks,

Mohamed Salah

Hi Paulius

tcpdump, helped in getting what i need. Thanks very much.

Thank you

Jay